Major Duties: The human intelligence collector is able to operate as part of an Army modular component to a Joint Task Force organization and conducts operations in a joint/combined operations environment. Supervises and conducts HUMINT collection operations. These operations include, but are not limited to, screenings, debriefings, interrogations of civilians on the battlefield (COB), enemy prisoners of war (EPW) and detainees to establish priorities for exploitation; source operations within the area of intelligence responsibility; triage and exploitation of captured or confiscated documents and media. The objective of HUMINT is to identify adversarial elements, intentions, compositions, strength, dispositions, tactics, equipment, personnel and capabilities. Prepares and edits appropriate intelligence and administrative reports; utilizes communications equipment; uses interpreters and manages interpreter/translator operations; plans and participates in HUMINT Military Source Operations (MSO);under Counterintelligence (CI) supervision, may assist in the performance of CI tasks as assigned (MOSC 35M1O only) at skill level 3 and above, translates and exploits captured enemy documents, foreign language and open source publications; conducts liaison and coordination in English and foreign languages with host nation agencies.
- A PHYSICAL DEMANDS RATING OF MEDIUM
- A PHYSICAL PROFILE OF 222221
- NORMAL COLOR VISION
- A MINIMUM SCORE OF 95 IN APTITUDE AREA ST ON ARMED SERVICES VOCATIONAL APTITUDE BATTERY (ASVAB) TESTS ADMINISTERED PRIOR TO 2 JANUARY 2002, OR A MINIMUM SCORE OF 92 IN APTITUDE AREA ST ON ASVAB TESTS ADMINISTERED ON AND AFTER 2 JANUARY 2002, OR A MINIMUM SCORE OF 91 IN APTITUDE AREA ST (TECH) ON ASVAB TESTS ADMINISTERED ON AND AFTER 1 JULY 2004.
- SOLDIER MUST MEET TOP SECRET (TS) SECURITY CLEARANCE WITH SENSITIVE COMPARTMENT INFORMATION (SCI) ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS TO BE AWARDED THIS MOS. TO BEGIN TRAINING, AN INTERIM TS CLEARANCE WITH SCI ACCESS ELIGIBILITY GRANTED FROM THE CENTRAL CLEARANCE FACILITY MEETS THIS REQUIREMENT.
- SOLDIERS MUST HAVE A MINIMUM QUALIFYING SCORE ON THE DEFENSE LANGUAGE APTITUDE BATTERY (DLAB) (CURRENTLY SET AT 95 BY DLIFLC) OR A QUALIFYING SCORE OF L2-R2 (LISTENING-READING) ON THE DEFENSE LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY TEST (DLPT) IN A REQUIRED AND DOCUMENTED FOREIGN LANGUAGE.
- MOS CLOSED FOR RECLASSIFICATION AT SFC, MSG, AND SGM, EXCEPT FOR THOSE SOLDIERS WITHIN CMF 35. **ANY WAIVERS MUST BE OBTAINED THROUGH THE OFFICE OF THE CHIEF OF MI LOCATED AT FORT HUACHUCA PRIOR TO COURSE ATTENDANCE.**
- DUE TO ALL TRAINING TAKING PLACE WITHIN A SCIF, ALL STUDENTS WILL BE REQUIRED TO BE INDOCTRINATED. FOR STUDENTS WHO ARE UNABLE TO BE INDOCTRINATED THROUGH THEIR LOCAL COMMAND, A MEMORANDUM OF REQUEST SIGNED BY THE FIRST O4/O5 IN THE SOLDIERS CHAIN OF COMMAND MUST BE SUBMITTED TO THE 640TH REGIMENT (RTI) SSO.
- SOLDIERS WHO FAIL TO PASS HEIGHT/WEIGHT RE-TEST STANDARDS WILL BE CONSIDERED AN ACADEMIC COURSE FAILURE AND ANNOTATED ON 11D OF THEIR DA FORM 1059 AS FAILED TO ACHIEVE COURSE STANDARDS.
Special Information: MOS qualification is dependent upon the consecutive completion of Phase 1, 2, 3, and 4 of the course. It is recommended that all phases be completed consecutively; however, all phases must be completed within 13 months of the completion of phase 1.
Students attending MI Courses will be issued a Student Computer User ID and Password by the Regiment at in-processing